New Hartford FD Responds to Malfunctioning Air Conditioning Unit At Bradley Elementary
Late Thursday night, New Hartford Fire responded to a call for an automatic fire alarm at Bradley Elementary School in New Hartford, but when they arrived, instead of a fire, there was an air conditioner which had been leaking freon. Smoke from the air conditioning unit on the second floor had set off the automatic fire alarm
New Hartford Fire tells local media “Upon arrival we encountered some smoke conditions on the second floor, where we upgraded our alarm to a fire for investigation, and at that time we found that there's a malfunctioning HVAC unit on the second floor”.
Nobody was injured, and there was no damage to the building.